Hokkaido Cheese Tart
If you’re never been to Hokkaido, maybe this recipe will help nudge you the way eastward. This Saturday, treat yourself with the warm, oozey goodness of a Hokkaido Cheese Tart! Have it with a warm, comforting cup of ocha and pretend you’re Japanese for the day!
A. Sweet Short crust Pastry
1. 150 all- purpose flour
2. 20g almond powder
3. 30g icing sugar
4. 125g butter
5. 1 egg
1. Mix all- purpose flour, almond powder, icing sugar and butter.
2. Stir in egg, mix well until dough is formed.
3. Pour dough into tart mold. Gently press the dough to line up each mold.
4. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
B. Cheese Filling
1. 250g Sungold cream cheese
2. 60g sugar
3. 1 egg
4. 50ml fresh milk
5. 100ml whipping cream
6. 30g low gluten flour
7. 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar for 10 minutes.
2. Add in egg. Continue beating.
3. Add in milk, whipping cream, flour and lemon juice.
4. Pipe the custard into the tart cases. Froze overnight.
5. Brush custard evenly with egg yolk.
6. Bake the tarts at 220C for 20 minutes.